Foundational Probiotics for Healthy Gut Flora and Immunity
Happy Tummy is a foundational probiotic supplement featuring a 50:50 blend of patented Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM® and Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07®—two of the most thoroughly studied probiotic strains.
In fact, there are actually over 50 human clinical trials on these specific strains, confirming their position as two of the leading probiotic strains in the world. The findings of these studies continue to demonstrate the synergy of Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM® and Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07® for supporting healthy gut flora balance, immune function, and proper digestion of vital nutrients.
Happy Tummy contains two of the most embraced probiotic strains for balancing the gut microbiome and supporting healthy immune response. A bevy of clinical research suggests that Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM® and Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07® may:
- Support healthy gut flora balance
- Support healthy immune function
- Support nutrient absorption
- Support digestive function
How Happy Tummy Works
For daily gut and immune support, Happy Tummy provides 15 billion colony-forming units (CFU) per serving of these synergistic probiotic strains (in a 50:50 ratio), coming in both 60 and 120 serving size options. Read on to learn more about how the probiotics in Happy Tummy work and their evidence-based benefits. Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®
- acidophilus NCFM®, which stands for the research laboratory it was first discovered at (“North Carolina Food Microbiology” lab), is a patented beneficial lactic acid bacteria strain often used to support lactose intolerance by promoting the digestion of simple sugars and other tough-to-digest nutrients.
This strain has been shown in numerous studies to help relieve gastrointestinal discomfort by supporting a healthy balance of “friendly” intestinal microbiota. Further research suggests that L. acidophilus NCFM® may activate endocannabinoid and μ-opioid receptors in epithelial cells. These receptors work to modulate pain signals in targeted tissues.
- acidophilus NCFM® is also necessary for helping the body synthesize vitamin B9 (folate) and vitamin B12, which are key for healthy nervous system function.
Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07®
- lactis Bi-07® is a bacterial strain that readily resists bile salts and acidic conditions (meaning it is able to withstand the harsh digestive environment of the human gut). Like Lactobacilli, Bifidobacteria aid in the digestion of lactose and are critical for producing B vitamins, which serve a myriad of vital roles in the body.
- lactis Bi-07® is one of the most promising probiotic strains for supporting healthy immune response. A 5-month, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study including 465 healthy adults investigated the effect of a supplement containing B. lactis Bi-07® and L. acidophilus NCFM® on respiratory health. Throughout the trial period, adults receiving the probiotic supplement had a significant reduction in nasal and respiratory symptoms compared to those taking a placebo.
Another study in 37 elderly subjects showed similar results, with the researchers finding beneficial effects of B. lactis
Bi-07® on immune responses of the participants.
Further research shows that B. lactis Bi-07® can help balance healthy gut flora by effectively “outcompeting”